I love my daughter. Truly I do and I can attest to that point through the following story because if I didn’t love her I wouldn’t be able to laugh about it.
We have been work on potty training. This has had it’s ups and downs but all in all I would say that when Ellie is using the potty she is doing a very good job. That said, this past weekend (the 4th) caused a set back because we were on the move for several days. We spent a whole day at Lake Waconia. Where Ellie spent the majority of the day in her swimsuit and where the closest bathroom was a good football field away.
The next day we spent at Cedar Lake where the bathroom was up the hill but she did use it.
And enjoyed dinner and fireworks at Kevin’s house in New Prague.
So, going back to using the potty has been a challenge. Today I spent cleaning my bedroom while Ellie played around me. I dusted, vacuumed, washed (sheets and bedspread), ironed (sheets) and put all of Ellie’s toys and videos away.
We were getting ready for bed and watching a little show on my bed. Ellie was sitting on my back when I stated to feel something warm on my back! You guessed it… she peed on me and on my just cleaned bed! So, off came the bedspread, blanket, sheets, and mattress cover and everything went in the washing machine.
I changed, Ellie changed and she came and sat on my lap while we had a little discussion. I believe this discussion had an impact because she quite quickly got up, went into the bathroom and took care of no2. She then told me “Sorry Mommy” and went to bed without a fuss. Kisses and hugs were exchanged and while this isn’t the first time she has peed on me I sincerely hope that it will be the last. Like I said, I love my little girl and I am sure that much laughter will be had in the later years… I am laughing about it now.
No comments:
Post a Comment