Thursday, December 25, 2014

Ruth A C Sorenson Schubert

We thought of you with love today,
but that is nothing new.
We thought about you yesterday,
and days before that too.
We think of you in silence,
we often speak your name.
Now all we have is memories,
and your picture in a frame.
Your memory is our keepsake,
with which we’ll never part.
God has you in his keeping,
we have you in our hearts.



Each Christmas Eve while growing up had a little extra meaning, it was of course the day before Christmas but it was also my Grandma Ruth’s birthday. She would have been 100 today. I remember the first Christmas after she was gone. We had a single red rose surrounded by the white roses of her grandchildren on the cabinet in the living room and we sang Happy Birthday that night. I am singing it tonight….. Happy Birthday Grandma….. I miss you. - Shelli

No comments:

Post a Comment