Oh how the time has flown....
After this Friday I will only have one quarter left of school and then I will have achieved my associates degree in web programming. It seemed as if this fall just whipped by! Ellie and I have been busy. I love that I have the opportunity to be home with her during this time. She is growing into such a funny little person. She was playing one day and I was calling her honey and she adamantly said to me, "No, mom! I not a honey, I a person!" and today I asked her if she remembered who we were going to see and she said, "Emily?" and I said yes and who else, she said, "Michael?" yes and who else? She said "Sana?" again yes and who else? By that time the only other person she could come up with was Grandma, after which I had to remind her that we were going to see Santa! She is loving Santa!

Ellie and Emily are so cute together. Ellie is so patient with Emily's bossy behavior! Yesterday I had Sana, Mike and Emily come over. I made some awesome chicken wings for lunch. This past week I have had the itch to bake so I had baked up 3 dozen sugar cookies, that Ellie helped me cut out and decided to do my first attempt of making gingerbread men. Well, needless to say, the gingerbread men made my house smell AMAZING so I will be doing them every year. My royal frosting also turned out great so maybe next year I will attempt a small ginger bread house? At the very least I will need to come up with more ways to decorate them. The little girls helped put the hot cinnamon buttons on them and then they helped to decorate the sugar cookies.
Ellie and I are also proud of our Christmas tree and fireplace mantle. For being just a little over two and a half she listens well and only has three ornaments that she calls dibs on and feels she can take on and off as she pleases!


The snow is falling and we enter the weeks coming close to Christmas being extra thankful for family and the love of all around us. We look forward to a blessed new year with the hope that we will see a turn around in the job market so that I can go back to work. I have been substitute teaching these past months on and off and have really enjoyed it and although this time with Ellie is precious, I will feel more secure if I have a full time job that will enable us to not worry so much about finances. Love to all, Shel & Ellie
No comments:
Post a Comment