This weekend my parents came up and took us out to dinner for our birthday. This reminds me of a milestone birthday. It is hard to believe that my dear Grandpa Herb has now been gone 4 years. Many people would probably find having a wake on your 40th birthday to be a little ironic and sad but in many ways it was a wonderful experience. I was able to share many memories of my Grandpa with friends and family and since our birthday is in the winter and we usually don’t get together with the whole family for it (having had Christmas the month before) it was nice to have all of our close family together. So much has happened in those few short years. Changes in my job, wonderful changes in my family (I think my grandpa would have been absolutely smitten with my little girl… and she has his startling blue eyes) and so many changes in the world around us. How I wish my grandpa was still around to share these things with us. I miss him.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Turning older
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment